Thames Water Build Over Agreement Fee

If you can build above or near a domestic channel 160 mm in diameter or less and show that your plans pose a low risk to the pipe, we may be able to grant a self-certified construction agreement. Without our agreement, your local authority may not provide a certificate of compliance. This can cause problems if you are trying to sell your property, as a buyer`s lawyer could tell them that the building has been enlarged without our permission above or near a canal. Take our online quiz and find out if you qualify for a free self-certified construction agreement. This agreement is free and will be sent to you immediately by email. Any nearby pipeline you want to build in could have an impact on the design, so it`s best to know where the pipes are when you plan to avoid delays and additional costs. If you`re not sure how you`re going to do it, we`re here to help. More information about the assigned and unassigned tubes can be found below. If we present you with a self-certified Build over Agreement, you can start work immediately, as long as it is described. If you plan to build above or near pipes, you should take certain precautions. The process depends on the transportation of drinking water or wastewater. Wells also cannot be built because of the increased risk of flooding and olfactory nuisance caused by internal wells. Where possible, wells should be removed and crossed.

If it is not possible to build a well outside a building, we can discuss alternatives when we receive your application. If you are eligible for a self-certified agreement, simply complete the online questionnaire and start your work immediately (provided your work conforms to the description you gave in the online questionnaire). A self-certified agreement is free. It should be noted that if you do not follow the appropriate procedure with Thames Water, your construction inspector will not approve your construction and will issue your Certificate of Compliance Certificate. Thames Water has legal powers (in accordance with paragraphs 159 and 171 of the Water Industry Act 1991) and they can apply for an injunction to remove the building and recover the damage if you do not seek their permission before carrying out the work. You also need to unsubscribe building control panels if you want to sell your home in the future, so this is a pretty good one that you should take seriously.